To ensure equitable digital access in your classroom –
- Utilize all available computer labs and mobile laptop carts.
- Create a schedule for each classroom in the school to access available technology and then share among classrooms to increase access.
- Allow students to bring their own devices into the classroom (if allowed at your school).
- Ask for donations of old computers from local businesses or individuals.
Some ideas for your classroom technology rules –
- Only visit approved Internet sites.
- Never give out your personal information.
- Tell your teacher if you see something uncomfortable or inappropriate.
- Never download anything without teacher permission.
- Print only if you have permission.
- Never change settings without permission.
- Place devices on chargers when not in use.
- Touch the mouse and keyboard gently.
- Do not eat or drink near devices.
Source citation: Sanders, J. (2016, September 18). 10 Classroom Rules for Using Technology. Retrieved May 18, 2017, from http://blog.whooosreading.org/10-classroom-rules-for-using-technology/